Monday 3 September 2012

Create with Connie & Mary #216

Can you believe it? I have time to go searching for an online card challenge, and then the time to even complete the challenge? I know, now that it's done, I want to find another.....

But wait, back to reality, right now my three kids are all taking a nap, but the minute I try to do something extra, it will send a signal to one of them to wake up. Then it's just like a snowball - the first one can't keep quiet enough to let the others sleep and, within 30 minutes, they are all up wanting to "craft" with Mommy!

If ever there was anything to be thankful for today, it's these minutes (40 so far, and counting) of precious silence. Nothing but the sound of my keyboard clicking away....

Today I found a colour challenge over at Create with Connie & Mary, and the colours in the challenge today are Rich Razzelberry, Night of Navy and Lucky Limeade. What a delicious combination!


I paired up the colour challenge with the Lacy & Lovely stamp set, an Antique Brad and a message from Tiny Tags. I did use some Dazzling Details in the outer ring of the Night of Navy Lacy stamp, it bled a little, but I think it's OK, it's just a lighter shade. It also adds some texture and some sparkle.


The inside echoes the front, a flag / pennant in the same colours as the front, and then some randomly stamped Lacy & Lovely images.

Stamp Sets: Lacy & Lovely, Tiny Tags
Cardstock: Rich Razzelberry, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White
Ink: Rich Razzelberry, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade
DSP: Floral District
Punches: 2 & 1/2 " circle, 1 & 3/8" circle, 3/4" circle, 1 & 1/4" square (for perfectly even tails on my flags), Jewellery Tag Punch
Other: Antique Brad, Dazzling Details, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

On another note, I still have a couple of spaces left in my Stamp-A-Stamp workshop on September 11 at 7pm. We will make 10 cards (5 each of 2 designs) in this class. It's at my place in Barrhaven in Ottawa.  Email me to register biancacoldrey@gmail.com

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous layered doily stamp. It looks fantastic stamped in all the colors and the antique brad is a pretty touch. And the inside of your card is just as beautiful as the outside! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your card! All your layers really make each color stand out! Great job!! Thanks for playing at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How simple and happy! I like even with all the patterns you've kept a clean look! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember those days...but they go by quickly so enjoy the kiddos! Such a pretty set...the colors go great with it! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you decorated the inside to match! I hope they all slept for a while. I have 3 kids too but mine are older now and almost all grown and out of this house. Now when they are home and quiet it's because they are all on their computers. No one ever wants to craft with me. Thanks for joining the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous centerpiece for you card. Those two little tags are awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card! I don't know which I like better, the outside or the inside! Well done! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the antique brad treatment! And, what a great card inside! Just as fun to open as to receive. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete