Saturday 3 March 2012

Baby Shower Favour


It's my very good friend, Kim's, baby shower today and I have been working crazily to get 16 of these boxes, as well as the cookies inside, made. I wasn't really sure what to do when she asked me but then I was looking around and came across a project similar to this using the Sale A Bration DSP, and it was gorgeous. I wanted to use my (retired) Nursery Suite DSP, as well as embellishments and stamps I had on hand. There are lots of "baby" themed squares - the alphabet, the word baby and the bib. There are some feminine touches too, seeing as it's a shower and the boxes are gifts for women. There's a heart, a butterfly and some ribbon.  
The colours are Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White - I love these colours for a baby boy.
 

Here are my staming supplies - square #1 being the alphabet square, and square #9 being the tiny tags square:

I used my 1-1/4" square punch, but then I cut the second layer squares to 1-1/8" square. For a small scale project I found the 1/4" border the 1" square punch created to be too big.

#1 - Chocolate Chip Base, Crumb Cake DSP, Cute By The Inch stamp set (retired hostess), Chocolate Chip Ink
#2 - Pear Pizzazz Base, In-Colour DSP stack (retired hostess), Baja Breeze cardstock and Small Heart Punch, Basic Pearl
#3 - Chocolate Chip Base, Elegant Soiree DSP (retired), In-Colour Brad, Pear Pizzazz SAB Ribbon
#4 - Baja Breeze Base, Whisper White second layer, Pennant Parade stamp set (sentiment), Pool Party Bakers Twine
#5 - Chocolate Chip Base, Whisper White second layer, Cute By The Inch stamp set (retired hostess)
#6 - Baja Breeze Base, Nursery Suite DSP (retired), Pear Pizzazz Cardstock (for leaf), Bird Punch (for leaf), Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die (use tiniest butterfly)
#7 - Pear Pizzazz Base, In-Colour DSP stack (retired hostess), Pear Pizzazz circle, Baby Bundle stamp set, Chocolate Chip Ink, 1" Circle Punch
#8 - Baja Breeze Cardstock, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Basic Pearl
#9 - Pear Pizzazz Base, Nursery Suite DSP (retired), Tiny Tags stamp set, Pear Pizzazz Ink, Baja Breeze Cardstock, Jewellery Tag Punch, Silver Brad

Other tools: Snail Adhesive, Sticky Strip, Stampin Dimensionals, Paper Piercer

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment