Friday 24 August 2012

Simply Sweet Button Buddies


A simple and sweet pair of cards using Button Buddies, one of the fun stamp sets carried over in the Idea Book & Catalogue. I am glad this stamp set didn't come to an end - it's super cute, and it's so easy to use these stamps to create gorgeous cards. Although, I'll admit, I am not sure who will receive the pig card just in case it's taken the wrong way....

Both cards were made with Crumb Cake and Whisper White cardstocks, I used my corner rounder and 2 1/2 " circle punch. And then, I used the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack to pierce all the way around the cut out circles. Gotta love it!

I'll be honest, they were one of the first things I ordered from the new catalogue, but only just got to opening them up today...I know, I know. There is a piercing outline for five punches, all the circles you will ever need, as well as edgelits and framelits outlines. If you don't have it, you need it, and you will thank me every time you use it!

The flowers have the new Vintage Faceted Buttons on each bloom and the pig uses the flower shaped Bitty Button.

I didn't put in a sentiment, I figured these could be my all purpose go-to cards for an occasion I don't have on hand. Or, if I kept on going, a perfect Hostess Gift!

Stamp Sets: Button Buddies
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White and a tiny piece of Primrose Petals (under the pig nose)
Ink: Pretty in Pink (pig), Perfect Plum, Gumball Green and Baja Breeze Markers
Punch: 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Corner Rounder Punch
Other: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Vintage Faceted Buttons, Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Itty Bitty Punch Pack (flower shape), Bitty Buttons (flower shape), Glue Dots, Snail Adhesive

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment