Friday 10 February 2012

Ribbon Valentine

Valentine's Day is almost upon us, so if you haven't made your Valentine's cards, this is the last weekend to get crafty and get them done. 
I have never really embraced Valentine's Day until this year. Don't get me wrong, I love to receive flowers and a card from my husband, but it wasn't until I had children that I started enjoying all the holidays the year brings. I love the decorations, the cards and the candy. I love the way we can turn any occasion into a celebration.
This is the card I will send to one of my sisters in Australia. I doubt she reads my blog, so she won't know it's coming, and it will hopefully be a big surprise.
I used the new Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (love, love, love them) and then, if you can tell from the photo, I used strips of ribbon to make the heart. I just looked for all my little bits that I keep in a jar because I can't bear to part with them. I like to give everything a second chance :)


My card measures 5" x 5", with Real Red and Whisper White. It should fit nicely into a Medium Whisper White Square Envelope.

Stamps: Petite Pairs, I (Heart) Hearts
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Real Red
Big Shot: Hearts Collection Framelits Dies, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder
Punch: Small Heart Punch, Small Oval Punch
Ribbon: (Sorry, a lot of these seem to be retired), Cherry Cobbler Quilted Ribbon, Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (Pretty in Pink, Real Red)\
Other: Sticky Strip, Stampin Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment