Tuesday 7 February 2012

Creating Pretty Cards #8


 It is hard to believe my twins turn one tomorrow. This past year has flown by so fast, and the twins have grown so big. From just 5lbs each at birth (one a little under, one a little over) to 25lbs now, they are in their 12-18 month clothing already.
We don't really have anything special planned. I will bake them each a cake, I have made them a card each and we will take some photos. No party, no huge celebration. I kind of wish we did, but I just don't have the time. Two babies, and a toddler, take a lot of work and energy.
I made them each a card though, so that's something special. And, yes, it's the same card - one in pink and one in blue. I dress them the same - one in pink and one in blue, so why not the same card?
You can also see how easy it is if you see a layout you like, but don't have the exact same paper and accessories, to change it up to suit.
My stamp sets and designer paper are all retired, but there are some stamp sets I can't bear to part with yet. And the paper, well, I picked it up on the clearance rack. I made the sentiment on my computer and then punched it out.

Stamp Sets: Happy Moments (SAB retired), A Slice of Life (Hostess retired), Swirls & Curls Verses (Hostess retired)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Chocolate Chip, StazOn Jet Black
DSP: Nursery Suite (retired)
Punches: Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Corner Punch
Other: 5/8" Satin Ribbon (Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue) Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Two-Way Glue, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are adorable! Happy Birthday to your babies! I love the sparkle on your cake and the color combo. I think it's great that you used supplies you had on hand. It's okay that they are retired. I have stamps I can't part with either. Thanks for playing along with the Creating Pretty Cards Sketch Challenge at Craft Project Central!

    ReplyDelete