Sunday 12 August 2012

Merry Monday #27


Another Christmas card, I know. I know. It is my favourite holiday of the whole year, and when I received the Holiday Mini from Stampin' Up, I could not wait to get creating.

While I took my "sabbatical" I came across a challenge called Merry Monday over at Always Playing with Paper, where each week the challenge is to create a Christmas card. Not only does this challenge aim to keep the most festive of us calm all through the year with a touch of Christmas each week, it really builds up your supply of Christmas cards - ready for giving in December. Imagine if I had have started back in January, I would already have created 32 cards. Crazy, huh!

Back to my card. I fell in love with the silver and red glimmer paper last holiday season, so then the champagne colour came out, it was the very first thing I bought. I knew I needed it! I love the new Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies (actually, any punch or die that co-ordinates with a stamp is wonderful). I used the Finishing Touches Edgelits to create the bottom edges. And, the greeting is from More Merry Messages - great words for both the outside and the insides of cards.

It's a pretty straight forward card, but the glamour from the Glimmer Paper really makes it sparkle.

Stamp Set: More Merry Messages
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Real Red
DSP: Candlelight Christmas
Ink: Real Red
Punches: Modern Label Punch
Big Shot: Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Finishing Touches Edgelits
Other: 1/4" Taffeta Ribbon in Real Red, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Glue Dots (oh and you will need your paper piercing tool to get the little bits out of the Edgelit Die - just sayin')

You an purchase any of these supplies, right here, at my online store. Send me an email if you have any questions at all.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment