Wednesday 25 January 2012

Monday Makeover Challenge #11

Wow - the Monday Makeover Challenge, well, it took me a little while to figure out what to do for this one. I love the Valentine's insipration card, but for me the first thought was "busy" and "how does she pull that off"? The card is so wonderfully put together, if I even tried something like that it would end up in a jumbled mess and definitely not suitable for public viewing.
I figured my starting point should be the designer paper, and I picked Pocketful of Posies (SU). I had a brand new package and it needed to get some use.
Then I picked my colours to match (love the way SU makes it easy for things like that), and really, by following the layout of the inspiration cards, it just came together. You know, that's what I totally love about Stampin' Up - for someone like me who tries to be super creative, but in reality not quite there yet, they make it so easy. Everything matches - cardstocks,. inks, ribbon, designer papers. So easy. 
I didn't notice until afterwards but I like the way there are balloon images on the DSP and my sentiment is "uplifting" too. You would think I had planned it that way!

A little bling with glimmer brads added for a touch of luxe finishes off this card well. The brads are oversized, so in a busy card they won't get lost.

Stamp Set: Word Play
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Early Espresso
Designer Paper: Pocketful of Posies
Punch: Corner Punch
Other: 3/8" Satin Ribbon Rich Razzleberry, Basics Glimmer Brads, Snail Adhesive, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment